Welcome to my site. I’m Gus Le Breton, the African Plant Hunter. I’ve spent much of my life researching the indigenous plants of Africa, exploring their traditional uses, healing properties and nutritional values. It’s been one heck of a ride so far, and I’d love to share some of my knowledge and experiences with you. So if you have any curiosity at all about the continent that first gave rise to Homo sapiens, join me as we go in search of the hidden secrets of Africa’s healing plants.
Recently on African Plant Hunter
- Azanza Garckeana – The Libido-Building Snot Apple January 31, 2020
- When Rain isn’t Really Rain – the Rain Trees of Gonarezhou January 10, 2020
- Tree #48 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – The Baobab at Sibuyu Pan December 28, 2019
- The Weird and Wonderful Baobabs of Lekhubu Island, Botswana December 21, 2019
- Tree #1 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – Zimbabwe’s First Jacaranda December 14, 2019