Welcome to my site. I’m Gus Le Breton, the African Plant Hunter. I’ve spent much of my life researching the indigenous plants of Africa, exploring their traditional uses, healing properties and nutritional values. It’s been one heck of a ride so far, and I’d love to share some of my knowledge and experiences with you. So if you have any curiosity at all about the continent that first gave rise to Homo sapiens, join me as we go in search of the hidden secrets of Africa’s healing plants.
Recently on African Plant Hunter
- A Short Walk in the Matobo Hills November 15, 2019
- Tree #45 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – The Fossil Trees of Detema November 8, 2019
- Is Chapman’s Baobab Still Alive? Update from Botswana October 30, 2019
- Tree #49 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – the Sycamore Fig of Pandamatenga September 28, 2019
- The Fever Tree (Acacia xanthophloea) Part 2: Medicinal Uses for Gut and Brain Health September 8, 2019