Welcome to my site. I’m Gus Le Breton, the African Plant Hunter. I’ve spent much of my life researching the indigenous plants of Africa, exploring their traditional uses, healing properties and nutritional values. It’s been one heck of a ride so far, and I’d love to share some of my knowledge and experiences with you. So if you have any curiosity at all about the continent that first gave rise to Homo sapiens, join me as we go in search of the hidden secrets of Africa’s healing plants.
Recently on African Plant Hunter
- Tree #49 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – the Sycamore Fig of Pandamatenga September 28, 2019
- The Fever Tree (Acacia xanthophloea) Part 2: Medicinal Uses for Gut and Brain Health September 8, 2019
- The Fever Tree (Acacia xanthophloea) Part 1: Myths and Legends August 31, 2019
- Tree #74 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – The Giant Ebony of Nyahungwe August 10, 2019
- How to Repel Elephants from Baobab Trees August 4, 2019