Welcome to my site. I’m Gus Le Breton, the African Plant Hunter. I’ve spent much of my life researching the indigenous plants of Africa, exploring their traditional uses, healing properties and nutritional values. It’s been one heck of a ride so far, and I’d love to share some of my knowledge and experiences with you. So if you have any curiosity at all about the continent that first gave rise to Homo sapiens, join me as we go in search of the hidden secrets of Africa’s healing plants.
Recently on African Plant Hunter
- Faidherbia albida – the Apple Ring Tree of the Zambezi Valley June 27, 2019
- Tree #2 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – the Josiah Chinamano Flamboyant June 8, 2019
- Tree #10 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe The Flamboyants of Blakiston St May 31, 2019
- Tree #3 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – The Umbrella Thorn of Clyde Road May 23, 2019
- Tree #8 Historic Trees of Zimbabwe – the Julius Nyerere Washingtonias May 18, 2019